The world is going digital and now more than ever. So, maybe you should also catch up to the trend if you haven’t already. One important aspect of going digital would be keeping digital copies of all your important files on your phone. Merely, clicking a picture is not enough in most of the cases as these documents are often shared for professional purposes. However, this doesn’t mean that you need to rush to a scanner, you can simply convert your photos into a PDF on your iPhone without any external help. When I say external app, it also includes third-party apps.
Convert Your Photos into a PDF from the Photos App
To convert your photos into a PDF directly from your Photos app on your iPhone, you will have to follow the given steps.
- Open the Photos App on your iPhone.
- Go to the right corner of Photos and click on “Select”, now you can simply tap and choose all the images that you wish to get converted into a PDF. If you are a new apple user, know that you don’t need to physically tap on each image. You can just drag across images to select them.
- Now that you have selected the images, click on the “Share” button.
- You will find the “Print” option at the bottom of the new window. Click on it.
- This will open a new window, called “Printer Option” where you’ll be able to see a preview of the images selected.
- Pinch and zoom on one of the images, you can also long-press and tap. Both options will redirect you to a newly created PDF.
- On the PDF screen, you will find the Share option at the topmost right corner. You can tap on the Share button to save or send your newly created PDF anyway you want. Make sure that before saving the document you always check if everything is correct on the PDF screen.
If you plan to mail the PDF, it might be a good idea to save it first as these files are usually larger than the mail compatible size of 25 MB. So, the best thing to do in such a case is to save the file on iBooks or Pages and compress it later online on a third party site. Another option for sharing the file seamlessly would be using Maildrop.
Another easy way to convert your photos into a PDF directly from your Photos app involves the use of iBooks. So, if you have uninstalled the app for some reason, you will want to reinstall it again after learning how easy it’ll make your life. To convert images into a PDF with the use of iBooks, follow the given steps.
- Launch the Photos App on your phone.
- Select multiple images with the help of the “Select” option in the topmost right corner.
- After you are done selecting, click on the “Share” button.
- Instead of finding Print, look for the iBooks option. If you don’t see the option, swipe to the right of the share sheet and tap more to add iBooks.
- Now, simply click on iBooks and you will be directed to the newly created PDF on the iBooks app. You can now share the PDF directly from the iBooks app with ease.
Convert Your Photos into a PDF from the Files App
If you wish to convert downloaded images saved in Files app, you don’t have to transfer the images to your Photo Library. You can directly convert photos to PDF from your Files app with a few simple steps.
- Open the Files app on your iPhone.
- Now, you will have to rename the photos in alphabetical or numerical order. This is because Files create a PDF in alphabetical order. So, long-press on an image and tap on rename. Change the name of the first page to 1, second to 2 and so on.
- Once you are done renaming all the files, find Select at the topmost right corner. Press Select to enter the selection mode and choose all the images that you wish to add to the pdf.
- Once you are done selecting the images, find the three-dot button at the bottom of the screen. Click on the option to find a new menu.
- Look for the Create PDF option and click on it. Now, your PDF will be visible in the same location and you can share and preview it from within files.
Now you know how to convert your photos into a PDF from your iPhone.