Mojave’s screenshot software is leagues higher than the older model, but it surely nonetheless saves all your screenshots immediately to your Desktop through default. You can trade that lovely simply, regardless that. Let’s check out how.
Change the Default Screenshot Save Location in Mojave
You can trade the default location from the screenshot software, so open it up through hitting Command+Shift+5.
In the screenshot software, click on the “Options” button.
At the best of the Options menu, underneath the Save To phase, you’ll see the following built-in choices:
- Desktop: The default choice, which is able to save your entire screenshots to a separate stack.
- Clipboard: Use this feature to paste the shot into a special app. It’s more than likely the cleanest choice in the event you don’t like cluttering up your disk with further recordsdata.
- Messages: This choice opens a brand new message with the screenshot hooked up so that you could ship it to one in every of your contacts.
- Mail: This choice creates a brand new electronic mail in the Mail app with the screenshot hooked up. If you’d like to ship screenshots thru a internet consumer like Gmail, it’s highest to use the Clipboard choice and paste it in manually.
- Preview: This opens the screenshot in Preview, the place you’ll be able to edit it sooner than saving to disk or copying to the clipboard.
At the backside of the ones choices, you’ll be able to click on the “Other Location” command to make a selection a special folder the place you wish to have macOS to save your screenshots.
Whatever environment you select, your Mac will be mindful this environment and use it for all screenshots in the long term. You too can use the identical menu to set a timer on the screenshot and set a couple of different choices.
Mojave’s screenshot software is quite robust, so if you wish to have a refresher on what all the buttons do, we have now a information on that as smartly.