If you put in the tvOS beta for your Apple TV, best to make a decision that it used to be a large mistake and also you at the moment are determined to get again to Netflix or Amazon Prime, or insects in the beta have left you considering you will have left smartly sufficient on my own, you’re almost definitely hoping that there’s a manner to eliminate the tvOS beta.
Well fortuitously there’s a manner to downgrade to tvOS 11 from tvOS 12, and we will be able to display you ways beneath.
Downgrading an Apple TV 4 from the tvOS beta
This means will best paintings if you’re the usage of an Apple TV 4 (if it’s an Apple TV 4K it’s slightly other as there is not any USB C port, however we will display you ways to do this beneath).
- Go to the IPSW information obtain web page right here and make a choice the Apple TV.
- Pick the Apple TV 4 (you probably have a Apple TV 4K you’re going to be out of good fortune right here).
- Find the newest model of tvOS that you’re at ease operating. It wishes to be a Signed model, if it’s Unsigned you gained’t be ready to get your arms on it.
- Click on the model you need.
- Next click on on the Download tab and the firmware will obtain.
- Now, activate the Apple TV and plug it into your pc the usage of a USB C cable.
- Open iTunes.
- Wait for iTunes to discover your Apple TV.
- Once it’s recognised selected Restore Apple TV whilst keeping the Alt/Option key (or Shift if you’re the usage of a PC).
- A window will pop up and it is possible for you to to click on on the IPSW firmware and make a choice Open.
- Confirm that you need to import the firmware into iTunes.
- Click Restore.
Downgrading an Apple TV 4K from the tvOS beta
Because the Apple TV 4K doesn’t have a USB C port you’ll be able to’t downgrade it following the directions above.
Luckily, you’ll be able to downgrade your Apple TV 4K – by way of resetting it – however you wish to have to do a few different issues first.
- First you wish to have to deregister your Apple TV from the Apple beta program right here. On your Apple TV click on on Settings > System > Software Update
- Click on Get Beta Updates (or Get Public Beta Updates) to flip that characteristic Off.
- If you need to depart the beta program fully, you’ll be able to click on on the hyperlink at the backside of this web page. (You might want to check in with the Apple ID and password you’re the usage of for the beta program ahead of you’ll be able to achieve this).
- Now pass to Settings > System > Reset.
- Click on Reset.
- Wait on your Apple TV to reset. Hopefully it’s going to repair itself to its manufacturing unit settings…