Do you need to download photos from your iCloud account without using any 3rd party software? If that’s your requirement then don’t worry as we will be sharing two methods that you can use to download photos from iCloud using your Mac or Windows PC.
Both the methods are explained with complete detail and if you will follow them correctly you will be able to complete the task successfully.
So without saying much let’s get started!
Easy Ways To Download Photos From iCloud
The methods we will be using are:
- Download Photos Using iCloud Website From Mac or Windows >> Insert Page Jumps Here
- Download Photos Using iCloud Software >> Insert Page Jumps Here
1. Download Photos Using iCloud Website
The very first step is to make sure that you have recently made a backup of your iPhone data on iCloud. If you don’t have one, don’t worry we will help you to make you one!
- Head over to Settings on your iOS device.
- Tap on your Name on the top.
- On the next screen, select iCloud.
- In iCloud, tap on Photos under “APPS USING ICLOUD”.
- Under Photos make sure iCloud Photos is toggled ON.
Once you are done with the above steps, your iPhone data will be backed up on iCloud. Depending upon your internet speed it will take a few minutes.
After successful completion of the backup, you need to open the official iCloud website.
- Login using your iCloud credentials.
- If Two-step authentication is enabled then after successful login you’ll get a notification saying Apple ID Sign In Requested. You have to press Allow on your iOS device.
- After pressing Allow, you will receive a 6-digit code on your iPhone that you need to enter on iCloud.com.
- Once you are successfully logged in, you have to click on the Photos.
- Now you will see all the photos that were backed up on iCloud.
- Select the specific photo you want to download on your laptop.
- Then on the right corner, you will find the download button as highlighted below. Click on it.
- After clicking the download button, the download of the particular photo will commence.
- If you need to download all of the photos then you have to press Ctrl+A on Windows while command+a on Mac for selecting all the photos.
- When all the photos are selected you need to press the Download button.
- All the photos will begin to download in a zip folder.
So by following the above steps correctly you will be able to download photos and videos using the iCloud website.
Now let’s check out the second method!
2. Download Photos Using iCloud Software for Windows
Another way to download photos from iCloud backup is by using iCloud for Windows.
- If you don’t have iCloud for Windows then click here to download and install it.
- Once the installation is complete you have to enter your iCloud credentials and press the Sign In button.
- After submitting your iCloud credentials, you will need to Allow the popup saying Apple ID Sign-in Requested on your iPhone in case 2FA is enabled on your device.
- After pressing allow you’ll get a 6 digit code on your iPhone which you need to enter on the iCloud software.
- Click on Continue on the iCloud for Windows after entering that code
- Next, you need to select the checkbox next to the Photos. Then click on Options…
- On the next screen you need to select the checkbox next to iCloud Photos. Then press Done.
- Next click Apply.
- Now open File Explorer and head over to iCloud Photos that you will find on the left sidebar (default location).
- Here you’ll find all the pictures on your iPhone that have been backed up on iCloud.
- Select the photo that you need to download.
- Double clicking on the photo will download the file in a temporary folder and will open in Photos app in Windows 10.
- Next, right-click on the photo and select Save as.
- Now select the desired location for saving the photo. In our case, we made a new folder with the name “Downloaded Photo” on the desktop.
- If you need to download every photo from your iCloud backup then you have to select all the pictures and perform a right-click. Then click on Always keep on this device.
- After doing so you will see a green icon next to all the photos. This means that photos have been successfully downloaded on your Windows PC.
There You Have It: 2 Methods To Download iCloud Photos
Both the methods explained above are recommended for downloading photos from iCloud.
This task can also be achieved easily by using some 3rd party software. However, we have kept the scope of this article to explain the authentic ways of downloading iCloud photos.