Having access to your Outlook emails locally while they are still available online as well can be a need of an hour. Imagine you are out for camping in the outskirts of the city or at some hilltop where having an internet connection is still a dream. And for some reason, you need urgent access to your Outlook emails. But as you don’t have an internet connection, and neither do any of your friends have, it becomes impossible for you to access your email.
At that time you wonder how great it would have been if it was possible for you to have a look at your Outlook emails locally. Well, that’s not something you should just wonder. It’s actually possible to export emails from Outlook and save them locally.
This method also works if you are looking to set up Outlook e-mail on a different computer, you just need to export the Outlook Data File (.pst) and then import it into a new system. Continue reading to know how that can be done.
Export Outlook Emails In Windows PC/Laptop
For successfully exporting Outlook emails and saving them locally on your device, you need to have a PC or laptop with you. Once you have your PC/laptop, you just need to follow the given steps.
1. Open the Outlook app on your PC/laptop. If you don’t find the app on your home screen or taskbar, you can use the search option and type ‘Outlook’ and open the app.
2. Go to the Outlook’s ‘File‘ option at the top.
3. From Info, go to the Open & Export option and then select Import/Export.
4. After selecting Import/Export, a pop-up will appear with various options to perform an action. Choose ‘Export to a file‘ option from the list and tap on Next > option.
5. Next, you have to select the file type that you want to make. Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and tap on Next >.
6. Simply select the mail folder for which you want to export all the Outlook emails and tap on Next >.
7. Finally, export your Outlook emails by selecting the location and name for your files and choosing an action to perform in the case of duplicate files. Tap on Finish after that.
8. In order to safeguard your files and make sure that no one has access to your Outlook files, provide a secure password, and tap on OK.
How to export emails from Outlook on a Mac:
Exporting Outlook Data on Mac is quite different from the way we discussed above for Windows. Here we get a .OLM file instead on a .PST file that we exported on Windows. Here’e the guide.
1. Open Outlook app you mac. In case you don’t have the outlook app on your desktop or apps dock. You can simply search for the app using Command+Space button and search ‘Outlook’ on spotlight search.
2. Click on ‘File‘ menu at the top menu bar and select ‘Export‘ from it. Unlike Windows here are two separate Import and Export options in the menu.
3. Now a popup will appear titled ‘Export to Achieve File (.olm)‘ and here select all the options under ‘What do you want to export?‘.
4. Select all these options including Mails, Tasks, Calendar events, Notes and Contacts to export and then click on Continue.
5. Select the destination where you want to save the exported .olm file. And then click on Save.
Export Outlook Emails on Android
Some people prefer using Outlook on their Android phones instead of a PC. And we have a trick that can help you save your emails locally and then import it to any device you want.
1. We are going to use the Evernote app along with Outlook. So first thing first, download Evernote app from Play Store.
2. After the app is successfully installed, you need to set it up for using it. If you already have an account on Evernote then you simply need to Sign In. If it’s the first time you are using Evernote, then simply Sign Up and create your account.
3. Once the setup of Evernote app is done and it’s ready to use, just exit the app and open Outlook app.
4. Open the email that you want to save and access locally.
5. After opening the email, you will see a three-dot icon adjacent to that email. Tap on it.
6. Click on Add-Ins. And select Evernote from the list. Click on Continue to integrate Evernote to Outlook. Now sign in again to Evernote.
6. Now you will see an option Save to Evernote. Simply tap on the Evernote button at the bottom.
7. Now while exporting the email you will see an option to select the location where you want to save the emails and you can also add tags so that you can easily find where you saved your emails.
8. Finally tap on the Save option after selecting the location and adding tags.
Your emails are now saved in your Evernote account. And you can access your emails in Evernote anytime you want.
Export Emails From Outlook To PST
Saving your important Outlook emails offline can be really useful, especially when don’t have access to the internet but your office requires immediate access to emails. And as you can see above, it’s really easy to save your Outlook emails offline by following some really simple steps. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and colleagues who might want to save their Outlook emails offline and then import it to another device.