The new iOS 14 has introduced several new features related to security and privacy. If you are more concerned about your privacy then iOS14 would definitely be your favourite update version. Among the several new features introduced in the new updates, the most interesting one is the ability to set restrictions to third party app in accessing the photos from your iPhone or iPad.
In your earlier versions, when the third part app asked for permission to access your photos app, the device would only give you two options to choose. You could either choose to allow access to all photos or deny the photo access. However, the new iOS14 has added several improvements. It gives you the ability to select images from photos app for which you want to give thrid party app access. Additonally, it gives you the ability to revoke the third party access to your photos librabry if want to add more photos or remove specific photos.
In this article, we explain how to set up restrictions to third-party app access to Photos app as well as manage the selections on iPhone and iPad.
How to limit third party access to iPhone/iPad photos app
Before proceeding make sure you have installed iOS 14 on your iPhone. If are having iPad make sure you have iPadOS14. Read on to know how to limit third-party app access to your Photos the first time you launch an app in iOS14 and iPadOS14.
Set up restrictions to third-party app access to iPhone/iPad photos
You can set up third-party app access to the iPhone or iPad when you first launch the third part app. Here is how to do it.
- When you first launch an app in iOS 14 or iPadOS14, you will see a pop-up message asking for permission to access photos app. Here you can set restrictions to share photos from your library.
- Choose Select Photos from the given option to limit the access to your iPhone photos.
- Now select the photos which you want to make accessible for the app.
- Tap Done at the top corner of the screen to confirm the access.
Once done, only the selected photos will be available in the third-party app. At any time if you change your mind and want to let the app access more photos or remove access to photos, you can do it without much hassle. Read on to know how to manage the third party iPhone photos access.
Edit and Manage third-party app access to iPhone/iPad photos
Once you have set up third-party app access to iPhone photos, you can edit the photo access later for each app. Here is how to do it.
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings.
- Tap Privacy and go to Photos
- Now you will see a list of apps that have access to iPhone photos. The screen mentions the name of the app that has access to all photos, selected photos and the app which has no access to photos at all.
- Tap the app for which you want to add more photos or delete the selected photos.
- Now under the allow photos access, you can choose one from the three given options as you wish.
- To permit access to only selected images, choose selected Photos. You can grant access to entire iPhone photos by choosing All Photos from the menu. If you want to completely remove the app access to photos choose None.
- To edit the selected Photos access of an app, click Edit Selected Photos link.
- Now you can select or deselect the photos as per your need and Tap Done at the top right corner of the screen.
- You can also edit the app access to iPhone photos in the general settings. For that Go to Settings> Tap the app for which you want to change the iPhone photo access > Tap Photos.
For more tips check out – How to automatically silence unknown spam calls on iPhone