Making the big switch from an Android to an Appl device can be exciting. You will finally get to know what all the Apple users keep on talking about and somewhat be in the exclusive club. If you don’t see it that way, you are not alone. Upgrading your phone might be exciting but switching from Android to Apple isn’t always all sunny. It could honestly be exhausting as transferring your data isn’t a piece of cake, especially when you are doing it on your own. The most problematic area is the photos, as most Android users save pictures everywhere. While transferring photos from the device’s storage can be easy thanks to a number of apps for the purpose. Transferring pictures from google photos to iCloud can be a little tricky, but don’t worry I have got your back. Learn How to Transfer Pictures From Google Photos to iCloud Easily.
1. Start by Organising
The first step that you should take in transferring your pictures from Google Photos to iCloud is to delete things you don’t need. The more data you have, the more time the transfer will take. So, make sure you get rid of any useless screenshots or pictures you might not need in the future.
2. Download all pictures from Google Photos into your Mac or PC
To download your photos from Google Drive, you will need to make use of Google Takeout on your PC. This will create a copy of all the pictures on your drive onto your system. Follow the given steps to complete this process:
- Open Google Takeout in your Web Browser.
- Login into the service using your Google Account.
- Tap on Deselect all, to prevent your computer from download all type of data from your drive.
- Find Google pHotos from the list and check the box. You can select “All photo albums included” to pick only specific images,
- Scroll down and click Next to continue.
- Now, you will find various options by which Google can send your pictures to you. It can give you a link over mail to download your pictures or help you add them to any of your preferred cloud storage service like Dropbox, Google Drive etc.
- After choosing the preferred option, click on the Export button. You will receive the email with the link when your takeout is ready, it could take a few hours or a few days. Your data might be divided into batches of 2GB if the size is too large.
- After receiving the link you can download the files for 7 days before it expires. Using the link you can directly save the files into your device’s internal storage.
3. Importing Pictures to iCloud
Depending on whether you are using a Windows PC or a Mac, you will have to follow different sets of steps. It might seem easy to transfer pictures to iCloud from your browser, but a large quantity of data needs a little extra effort.
Find the following steps to transfer pictures to iCloud from a Windows PC.
- Download the iCloud app for your PC from Microsoft Store and Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Open File Explorer and find iCloud Photos in the Navigation pane. It might take some time if you are using it for the first time.
- Open another window and navigate to the Folder with Google Photos. Make sure that it is unzipped.
- Now, just do the old trick and select pictures from the Google Photos Folder and drag them into the iCloud folder. This is it, your photos are saved to iCloud.
To transfer pictures to iCloud from a Mac device, follow the given steps.
- It is even easier to perform the function on your Mac. Just open the Photos app on your Mac device.
- Drag the pictures you wish to transfer from your Google Photos download folder onto iCloud.
- Also, ensure that you check the iCloud Photos box in the Photos app. Just go to Preferences and then iCloud to check. After which you will be able to access all your photos on iCloud.
If you have read the above steps carefully, you will be able to seamlessly Transfer Pictures From Google Photos to iCloud. If the number of pictures you wish to transfer from your PC to your iCloud is low, you can do it on the browser without downloading the iCloud app.