Screen time could be a particularly useful feature for many users. Being able to identify each and every minute spent on our iPhone and Mac, can help us manage our time better. Also, knowing which apps not only drain our battery but also our productivity could be particularly useful. Screen Time features allow users to set a limit on such apps. Saying that the Screen Time feature is not for everyone. You might not wish to know how much time you spend on your Apple device for any particular reason. The good thing is, you don’t have to. Learn How to turn off Screen Time on iPhone, iPad and MacBook.
How to turn off Screen Time on iPhone or iPad
It is rather simple to disable the Screen Time feature on your iPhone. All you need to do is follow the given 5 steps.
- Head to Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the Screen Time option in the list of features in Settings or just search it in the Search Bar given at the top. Click on the Screen Time option to get directed.
- A page with all settings related to Screen Time will pop up. Here you’ll find Downtime, App limits etc. Just scroll through all this and find Turn Off Screen Time at the bottom of the page. Tap on the option and a popup will appear.
- In the popup, you’ll find information related to how disabling Screen Time will disable all its related settings. This includes app restriction and everything else you saw above. End the process by confirming by clicking on Turn Off Screen Time again.
More on Controlling Screentime on iPhone
There are less extreme options available which do not involve disabling the Screen Time feature completely. Below, you’ll find how you can tweak Screen Time to use it in the best way possible.
- If you want to disable a particular setting under Screen Time, that is possible too. Head to Screen Time in the Settings App. The five options Downtime, App Limits, Communication Settings, Always Allowed and Content & Privacy Restriction can be disabled. Just choose the option you wish to turn off and toggle opp the particular Setting. A PIN might be required to do the same, it is the same PIN that was set by you while enabling it.
- If you do not have a problem with Screen Time and only its Notification. Go to Settings and find Notification Settings. Here look for the Screen Time option and simply toggle off Allow Notification. This way you can still make use of screen time without getting bothered by the notifications.
How to turn off Screen Time on your Macbook
Well if you thought disabling Screen Time on your iPhone was easy, this will be a piece of cake. Following are the steps to disable Screen Time on your Macbook.
- From the Dock, launch System Preference on your Macbook.
- Find the Screen Time option and click on it and you’ll be directed to a new window with all settings related to Screen Time.
- Here, you’ll find the Options at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Here you’ll find the option to Turn Off. Click on it and you are done.
Easy right? Also, the Macbook offers the option to disable the setting partially. You can make changes to Screen Time on your Macbook in the following ways.
- In order to disable a particular feature under the Screen Time options. Head to System Preference on your Mac and select Screen Time the same way mentioned above. Here you’ll find a number of features of the Screen Time option. You can select the feature that you wish to disable and Switch it off. Here too, you will need the preset PIN to disable any feature.
- If notifications of the Screen Time feature is something you wish to get rid off. From the dock, open System Preference and find Notifications. Here find Screen Time from the number of apps and toggle off to switch the Notification off. If you want to modify your Notifications, you can do that too here.
The PIN is crucial to making changes to particular settings under Screen Time in both iPhone and Mac. So, if you don’t remember it, the only option is to reset everything on your phone. If would