The dark mode is great for your smartphone. It makes so much sense, that I often end up wondering what took developers so long to launch it. Not only does it protect your eyes from the bright white light at night, but also saves your battery. It is a win-win situation to have the dark mode enabled on your device, but sadly people still don’t make use it of it. The dark mode completely transforms your cellphone experience, so it is a no brainer to turn it on. Let us find out How to Use Dark Mode on Android and Apple smartphones.
How to Use Dark Mode on Android
Before going into the steps of switching on the dark mode on your Android device, you need to make sure of something. The dark mode on android only works on Android 10 or later. If you are not sure of which Android version you are using, simply check it with the following steps.
- Open Settings on your Android device.
- Scroll to the end to find the option ‘About Phone’ and click on it.
- In the new window, you will see ‘Android version’. Next to the text would be written the current android version on your device.
Now that you have got your Android version confirmed, there are two ways to enable Dark mode. Before dwelling into the ways, know that all android devices are different. Which means while some phones will have the feature to schedule dark mode, others might always need you to enable it manually. So, let us learn how to enable dark mode.
Enable Android Dark Mode from Settings
If you have Stock Android on your android cell phone then the process is rather easy.
- Just go the Settings and select Display setting.
- Wherein you will find Advanced Display Settings, click on it and choose Dark Theme.
If you are using a custom version of Android, then follow the given steps to enable dark mode on your phone.
- Go to the Settings app and choose Customisation.
- On top of which, you’ll find Preset Themes. Click on it.
- Choose the theme called ‘Nuanced Dark’.The theme may be named something else on your device, just look out for the word ‘Dark’.
- If you wish to use dark mode without changing your theme. Click on Tone in the same menu and choose Dark in the next window.
Now, you’ll android device will have dark mode enabled.
Enable Android Dark Mode through quick settings
Thankfully you don’t need to go to the settings every time you wish to use dark mode. Most Android devices have the dark mode setting in you swipe down quick setting menu. It is kind of self-explanatory, but still here is how you enable dark mode through quick settings.
- Pull down the screen to find the quick setting menu.
- Swipe left to right to locate the Dark Mode, click on it to enable it.
- If you don’t find it in your quick settings menu, go to settings to check if the option can be placed on your device and put dark mode in your quicks settings.
This is How to Use Dark Mode on Android. Disabling the mode works exactly the same way. Either you go to settings and change the Theme back to Normal. Or you can just pull down the quick settings and click on Dark mode to disable it.
How to Use Dark Mode on iPhone
For iPhone, you can use the dark mode or later only if you have iOS 13.0 and later. You can check your iOS version by these simple steps. Go to Settings>General>About and check your iOS version. If your device supports it, get an update to access dark mode. The steps to enable dark mode on your iPhone are as follow:
- Go to Settings and then Display and Brightness.
- Select the second mode which is the Dark Mode and you are done.
- If you don’t want to do this manually, slide the Automatic option in the same menu.
- Then, slide down to Night Shift and change the time to your preference.
You can also add Dark Mode button to you Swipe Down Control Centre. To do that follow the given steps:
- Go to Settings and then Control Centre.
- Locate Dark Mode and press on the Plus sign next to it.
Now, you can easily enable and disable dark mode without heading to settings.
Go ahead, save your eyes the pain as now you know How to Use Dark Mode on Android and Apple smartphones.