A direct competitor to TikTok, Reel is a platform built to discover and share what you love on Instagram. The Reel is the perfect way to create your very own fun and entertaining videos to reach a wider Instagram audience on a global stage. Do you want to create your own Reel but not sure how to proceed? Well if its so, then you are in right place. That said, If you are an Instagram buff and know quite a lot about Instagram stories, using Reel is not a big deal. In this article, we outline everything you need to know about Instagram Reels. Read on to know some tips and tricks to share your first reel.
How to create and share Instagram Reels
- On your Android or iPhone, launch Instagram
- Tap on the camera icon at the top left corner of the Instagram profile. The app gives you three options to choose at the bottom of your screen i.e. Live, Story and Reels.
- Tap Reels option to use Reel feature on Instagram
- Or you can simply click on the Reels icon at the bottom of your profile and tap on the camera icon at the top right corner of the app.
- The Reel displays a variety of editing tools on the left side of your screen like Audio, AR Effects, Timer and Countdown, Align and Speed.
- Tap Audio icon to add a song from the Instagram music library. You can also add your own audio by simply recording a reel with it.
- Tap Smiley icon to choose one from the variety of AR effects from the Instagram gallery.
- Tap Timer to set how long your video clips should be while recording.
- Tap Count down to set your amount of time. After you press the record button, the countdown begins for the amount of time selected before recording.
- Use the Align option to line up objects from previous clips.
- Tap the Fast forward icon to adjust the speed of certain part of the video or audio you selected. For instance, you can use this option to add a slow-motion video.
- Press and hold the Clapboard icon at the bottom of your screen to start recording videos. Once you click on the capture button, reel displays progress indicator at the top of the app while recording.
- Tap the record button to Stop recording and end the clip.
Once the recording is done, you can even add texts, stickers and drawing to your screen. Also, you can directly add videos from your gallery by swiping up on your Reels screen. Please note that Instagram only supports to add videos for reels and not photos.
How to Share a Reel on Instagram
Once the video is ready, you can share the clip to your followers. Also, you can share to other wider Instagram community if are using a public Instagram account. Here is how to do it.
- Once the video is ready, Tap the Next arrow icon at the bottom of the screen to move your video clip to the share page.
- Tap the Cover option to change the cover photo. You can pick a cover photo from a camera roll or pick one from your video thumbnail.
- Here you also have the option to save it as a draft if you don’t want to share the Reel right away.
- Tap on the text editor to add hashtags and captions. Also, tap on your video clip to tag your friends.
- You can choose your reel to appear on your newsfeed in addition to a separate tab dedicated to reels.
- Once you share reel for your Instagram followers, it appears in a dedicated reel tab on your Instagram profile.
Please note that if you have a public Instagram account, you can share your reel to a dedicated space in explorer where it can be seen by the broader Instagram community. Your reel may appear to the public based on your hashtags, effects and songs.
However, if you are using a private Instagram account, your followers cant share the video clip to others who don’t follow you.
How to watch Instagram Reels
You can see the Reels of people you follow, on your Instagram feed. You can click on the Reel icon at the bottom of the page to view what’s trending on Instagram Reel. You can hit the like button, comment or share the Reels to your friends.
You can also search for Reels based on audio or a particular hashtags. Simply open a Reel and click on audio or hashtags to watch similar videos.
You can also directly search for a reel by typing a particular hashtag in the search box. Or simply go to the top tab in the search bar to see what’s trending.
Instagram Reel is a perfect way to express yourself. Apart from just sharing fun videos, you get a chance to become a content creator and use Instagram Reels for businesses to promote your products on a global stage.
Did this article help? Write to us in the comments below.