Apple’s iOS14 comes with several new features. Among them, the most useful feature is it allows to customize iPhone headphone for a better audio output. The new iOS14 lets you fine-tune your headphone to your liking and improve your listening experience. As of now, you can the customize audio output only with Apple supported hardware like Beats, Solo Pro, Beats Studio and AirPods.Most importantly, the new headphone audio customization feature works with music , movies and even phone calls. In this article we explain how to use the new Headphone Audio customization feature in iOS 14 as well as iPad14.
How to use iOS 14’s new Headphone Audio Customization feature in iPhone and iPad
Before proceeding make sure to insatll the new iOS 14 for your iPhone . If you have iPad, consider installing iPadOS14. Once you have iOS 14 ready, connect your headphone to iPhone and read on to fine tune your headphone.
- On your iPhone or iPad, Navigate to Settings
- Scroll down and tap the option Accessibility.
- Under the option Hearing, tap Audio/Visual.
- Tap Headphone Accommodation under Audio.
- Toggle the switch next to the option Headphone Accommodations.
- Now tap Custom Audio Setup link to customize the audio for supported Apple and Beats headphones.
- Follow the prompts to get the recommended custom audio profile. Here, make sure you have connected your headphone to the iPhone. Otherwise, you will get an error message that says Headphone Not Supported
- Once you have customized audio profile, you will be given an option to listen and choose between the standard audio profile vs your custom profile.
- Once done, you can tune your audio to balanced tone, vocal range or brightness. It is mostly recommended to tune audio for the balanced tone to boost over a range of frequencies.
- Next, you will be given an option to boost your soft sounds to slight, moderate or strong. Adjust the soft sounds according to your needs.
- Once done, choose if you want to apply the custom audio settings to your Phone , Media or both. Toggle the switch next to each option at the bottom of the screen.
You can easily fine tune your headphones connected to iPhone or iPad for better audio output using the iOS 14’s new headphone customization feature. The customized audio profile works with movies , music and even phone calls. As of now you can use this feature in only Apple supported headphones like Beats and Air Pods.
For more tips checkout – How to limit third party access to Photos app in iPhone – iOS 14