Calendar is extra paying homage to iCal than 2012’s iOS-like redesign – a go back to gray toolbars somewhat than the unsightly skeuomorphic stitched leather-based. You can now see location and climate information for each and every appointment, and each time you upload a gathering, Calendar will make ideas and autocomplete places according to your key phrases.
Read extra OS X Mavericks guidelines right here.
Read our Safari Tips right here.
Read our Maps guidelines right here.
Read our Mail on a Mac guidelines right here.
Read our iBooks on a Mac guidelines right here
You too can examine our favorite 10 Mavericks options right here.
14 guidelines to will let you get to know the new Calendar in OS X Mavericks
1. If you’ve gotten a Mac computer you’ll benefit from the steady scrolling mode in Calendar’s month view and utilise the two-finger scroll to your trackpad.
2. A two-finger scroll upward in month view will mean you can scroll week via week, so if you are at the finish of 1 month, you’ll see maximum of the following month, too.
3. In week view, you’ll use a quick two-finger swipe from proper to left to advance to subsequent week.
4. Swipe slowly with two arms from left to proper to advance the view via person days.
Q: How do I am getting Calendar to upload the tournament location?
5. When you create a brand new tournament in the Calendar you’ll specify a location and Calender will show it on a map in the Event Inspector. Unfortunately this does not paintings rather well.
It does not even recognise postcodes, so you want to input the identify of the street, and if you are fortunate the the town you might be in search of might be close to the best of the listing. Its ideas of places are frequently means off the mark. In our revel in, getting into Croydon High School brought about it to counsel a faculty in Australia. (It is helping if the location is already stored in your Contacts.) Once you’ve got controlled to upload the deal with, Calendar presentations your tournament’s location on a map so you’ll get instructions with a click on.
6. The explanation why you are going to need to upload a location is that Calendar will provide you with an concept of ways lengthy it is going to take you to get there. In the Event Inspector, click on on the date and time and make a choice Travel Time; it is going to calculate how lengthy it is going to take you to force or stroll there. (No transit occasions, clearly. This is not Google Maps!) Again this does not paintings each and every neatly – you’ll’t upload main points of the location from which you are going to go away – but it surely will have to use your paintings deal with all the way through paintings hours and your own home deal with all the way through different hours. (Your paintings hours are set in Calendar personal tastes – make a choice ‘Day begins at’ and ‘Day ends at’.)
7. Luckily you wouldn’t have to depend on Calendar and Maps collaborative efforts to agenda your time. You can estimate your individual go back and forth time, between Five mins and a couple of hours, or Custom.
Q: How do I am getting Calendar to inform me once I want to depart for my assembly?
8. The excellent information is if it really works and also you do organize to set the proper location and a departure level, you’ll select to obtain an alert at the time you want to depart, in accordance to the visitors at the moment. Just make a choice ‘alert’ in the Event Inspector and select ‘When I would like to depart’.
9. You can upload multiple alert: as soon as you’ve got decided on ‘When I would like to depart’, hover over it and a + will seem, permitting you to arrange as many signals as you prefer.
Q: Calendar may not find the deal with of my assembly, what do I do?
10. Maps wishes Wi-Fi in order to word your location. Perhaps because of this once we had Wi-Fi switched off (or we had been sharing our web reference to some other tool), Calendar gave the impression to be not able to supply places. We counsel ensuring Wi-Fi is on while you try to upload tournament main points.
Q: How do I prevent Calendar appearing my Facebook pal’s birthdays?
11. If your calendar is synced with Facebook you are going to see birthday information on your pals. You can take away Birthdays via going to Calendar > Preferences > General and de-selecting ‘Show Birthday Calendar’.
Q: How do I am getting Christmas and different vacations to display on Calendar in Mavericks?
12. Bank vacation dates are constructed into Calendar and mechanically seem according to your area and language… in accordance to Apple. Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case in the UK.
We adopted Apple’s directions: In Calendar, select Calendar > Preferences > General. Select Show Holidays Calendar. Since Christmas Day wasn’t indexed as a Holiday we checked that we had the proper area arrange in System Preferences > Language & Region, and we did. Then we switched that atmosphere to the United States and Christmas Day confirmed. So it seems like the Bank Holiday knowledge for the UK is not to be had. The excellent information is that for those who subscribe to webcal://www.calendarlabs.com/templates/ical/UK-Holidays.ics you’ll come with the UK financial institution vacation knowledge in your calendar.
Update, 23rd April 2014: An eagle-eyed reader, commenting under below the identify andrewparkeruk, has instructed us a few artful means to get Calendar to show UK financial institution vacations. Go to System Preferences > Language & Region and alter Preferred Language to British English (as an alternative of merely English, which we discovered was once the default). This reasons the financial institution vacations to display up correctly. Thanks Andrew!
13. You too can see climate knowledge in Calendar. If to be had it is going to be proven slightly below the map.
14. In Mountain Lion it was once imaginable to configure occasions so that you’d be alerted by way of e mail. The newest model of Calendar in Mavericks turns out to have misplaced that function. All isn’t misplaced, then again.
When you create a brand new tournament in the tournament window you are going to see 4 spaces: New Event; Add Alert, Repeat or Travel Time; Add Invites; and Add Notes or URL. Select Add Alert, Repeat or Travel Time and you’ll be able to see numerous choices together with From and To, Repeat Alert and Show As.
The Email possibility is not straight away evident – to in finding it you want to click on Custom at the backside of the listing. When you click on Custom you’ll be able to see a brand new pop-up menu labelled Message and the possibility to ship an Email is one in every of the choices in the drop down menu, along side Message, Message with Sound, and Open File. Select Email and you’ll make a choice the e mail deal with you’ve got configued your Mac with, and select when the e mail will have to be delivered.