The past few years have seen a rise in the popularity of digital art. Social media platforms particularly Instagram could be credited for their popularity among the masses. Another aspect that is equally responsible if not more, is the ease of creating digital art with advancement in technology. One byproduct of this advancement is Procreate, the most popular digital art creating an app in the market. Procreate is an advanced app and has lots of perks, but sadly these perks are only for Apple users as the app is not available on Android. Thankfully, I have come to the rescue of Android users with some of the best Procreate Alternatives for Android Users.
An app that is available free for both Android and iOS users is the perfect alternative to Procreate. Sketchbook is an easy to use App, which offers similar features to Procreate. You can do a lot with the app its easy to use features involve the following.
- Customizable brushes and drawing tools.
- Zoom for detailing using the pinching gesture.
- Interference-free and simple to navigate interface.
- Import images from your gallery for additional layers etc.
- Predictive stroke feature that helps you improve the quality of your stroke.
- Using time-lapse and the addition of fonts and other graphics to your creation.
The software is a great fit for everyone and can be used on a phone, tablet and even a desktop.
Adobe Photoshop Sketch
How can we not mention an app by Adobe while talking about creativity through technology? Adobe Photoshop Sketch is a collaborative app that not only allows you to create artwork but also facilitates you to share it. Users experience that working on this app is almost similar to making art on paper. The features that make the same possible are listed below.
- The app supports various pressure-sensitive pens to make the creation process seem as real as possible.
- There are different variety of tools available catering to the specific needs of the artist like different kind of inks, brushes and pencils. It’s like mimicking real-life tools.
- Other tools that facilitate adjusting size, opacity and blending also come in handy.
- You can add images and layers to your creations and undo anything and everything with a simple click.
- Merging and Transforming images is another great feature of this app, that would not let you miss Procreate after all.
The app is available free for Android, ioS and Chromebook. A paid subscription can also be availed for additional features.
If you are just getting started with your journey to create digital art, then Tayasui Sketches is the best option for you. The app is beginners friendly and will actually make you learn through the large community of creators on the platform. It is easy to use the app with the most advanced features to make your experience super smooth. The basic features of the app involve the following:
- Friendly with almost every stylus in the market.
- Easy to use tools that make layering and detailing a piece of cake.
- The brushes and other drawing tools seem almost real and you can adjust everything about them, including their opacity.
- You can even resize and move specific parts of your art in order to get the ideal result.
- You can create n number of colours on the app, through the palette feature.
- Some other great features involve tools to add text, shapes, patterns etc.
The app is available for free for Android users. However, a paid subscription to the app is highly desirable. It involves cloud syncs, gradients and limitless layering to the user.
So, these were the Top 3 Procreate Alternatives for Android Users. We all already know that Procreate is famous for its amazing interface and features like time-lapse, multiple layer and predictive stroke. All of which are available in either if not all of the above-mentioned apps. So, now you no longer need to be jealous of Apple users and can start your journey as an illustrator with ease. You can easily use the above apps on your Android phone or Tablet. I suggest you use the free versions of the apps before diving into the world of paid subscription. The best option is to try each app and find the one that fits you the best.