No matter how much money you spend on your device, you never seem to have enough space. The problem is particularly prevalent in Apple devices, especially the Apple iPhone. Thankfully, apple recognises that not every apple user wants to pay for the most expensive device just for the sake of memory. To not let limited memory impact user experience, they provide iCloud storage for users. By default, any new device will be linked to iCloud. Sadly, you have limited space in your unpaid iCloud plan which is set as default. In order to get more storage, you will need to upgrade your iCloud storage plan.
Though you can download other cloud storage apps, you will find iCloud to be the most convenient. So, let us learn how you can upgrade your iCloud storage across a variety of devices.
Upgrade your iCloud storage on your iPhone, iPad and even your iPod Touch
Upgrading your iCloud storage is a piece of cake on your portable Apple devices. A step by step procedure to the same is as follows.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone, iPad and even your iPod Touch.
- If you have logged in through your apple id in your device, you’ll find your name as the first thing when you open Settings. Tap on your Name. If you don’t find your name, Sign in.
- Now, click on the iCloud option and then Manage storage. This will direct you to a window with information about your current iCloud plan.
- Here, press on Change Storage Plan and you will see all the iCloud plans available to you.
- Among the plans, choose the one the best serves your needs and click on Buy at the top rightmost corner.
- All you have to do now is confirm you apple credentials and you are done. Your iCloud storage will be updated at that very moment and you’ll be charged monthly after this.
Upgrade your iCloud storage on your MacBook
Buying more iCloud storage on your Mac is as easy as it is for your other portable apple device. The procedure for the same is mentioned below:
- On the top left corner of your screen, you can locate an Apple logo, click on it to open ‘Setting Preferences’.
- Now click on Apple ID and iCloud after it. If you are using an older macOS select iCloud directly from the settings.
- You will discover the iCloud chart, at the bottom of which you’ll find Manage. Click on ‘Manage’.
- Select ‘Buy More Storage’ found at the topmost right corner of the new window.
- You’ll be directed to a list of iCloud subscription plans to select from, choose a plan and click on Next.
- Enter you Apple ID, password and click on Buy and your storage upgrades immediately.
Upgrade your iCloud storage on Windows App
If you didn’t know it already, you can use iCloud on your Windows PC. You can access it on your browser or download the app from Apple’s official site. However, you will need to do the later to upgrade your plan. The steps to upgrade iCloud storage on windows is as follows:
- Open the iCloud for Windows App on your PC.
- You’ll find the iCloud storage chart as the last option on your window. Click on ‘Storage’ next to it.
- Select ‘Buy more Storage’ or change ‘Change Storage Plan’, whichever is available.
- Among the plans, choose the one the best serves your needs and click ‘Next’.
- Just enter your Apple ID and password and choose to Buy to make your purchase. Your iCloud storage will be upgraded immediately and you will be charged on monthly basis.
More about iCloud storage
Now that you know, how to upgrade your iCloud plan on every device you might possibly use it on. Let us dig a little deeper into the plans and which one will serve you best.
The free iCloud plan offers 5GB to Apple users, which can be fine if you are using it just on your phone. In case of multiple devices and more data requirement, an upgrade is required.
The various paid iCloud plans are as follows.
- 50GB for 75 rupees a month $0.99.
- 200GB for 219 rupees a month $2.99.
- 2TB for rupees a month $9.99.
While choosing the plan, keep in mind that 50 GB or 200 GB is sufficient if you don’t have any heavy data on your devices. Also, if you wish to share your subscription with your family, you will need to choose 200GB or 2TB. That’s all prerequisites go and upgrade now.